Brighton is great alternative to London. It’s a cosmopolitan city with a student buzz. But, best of all, it is next to the sea. Brighton is only an hour away from London and rivals the capital for its outstanding restaurants, pubs and bars, and its arts and theatre scene. Brighton has several universities which give the city a young feel. Many celebrities have left big city London for what the locals call London-by-the-sea.
When it’s warm you can celebrate a challenging English lesson with an after-school swim. Life in Brighton is a little cheaper than London.
St Giles Brighton
St Giles Brighton is in the centre of the city, directly opposite the famous Royal Pavilion and only minutes away from the beach and the city's main shopping and entertainment areas. The school building is fantastic. It’s huge. It features a wide range of courses and exams and has a dedicated Platinum Centre for mature professional students. St Giles George Street Residence is just a four-minute walk from the school.
- City centre.
- Close to the beach.
- Homestay: Most homestays are about 25 - 40 mins by bus
- Student residences: A four-minute walk from the school
- General English Group
- Beginners English
- International Semester Courses 24 - 48 week courses
- IELTS Preparation
- Cambridge English Preparation
- Platinum English Courses
- General English plus English for Business
- English for University Studies
- Teachers of English Courses (TEC)
- INTO University Pathway Programme
- General English plus Tourism
- Family Course
- Activities every weekend and most nights
- Pub Night
- Trips to London, Oxford, Paris…
- General English Courses 28 lessons or 20 lessons (morning or afternoon)
- Lessons are 50 minutes
- Max class size: 12 students (5 for Platinum Courses, 8 for Beginner Courses)
- Average class size: 10 students
- School capacity: 650 Students
- Average Age: 25
- 45 classrooms
- Minimum Age: 16+ (Platinum 21+)
- Self-Access Study Centre
- Student computers and free Wi-Fi
- Student Café
- Interactive Whiteboards or projectors in all classrooms
- Student bookshop
- Platinum Centre for executives
English Plus Internship Programme
The Language House likes
We love the sea – there’s not much in Switzerland. In Brighton, you can smell the salt in the air and share your fish and chips with the seagulls. It’s a student city with a great social life where people work hard and party hard. An excellent alternative to London.