Suitable for young students from the age of 14
Eastbourne is a small, safe, friendly town, by the sea, south of London. The population is just 90,000. Eastbourne is the sunniest place in the UK. It is a popular tourist destination. Eastbourne is a great destination for younger students on their first trip overseas. It’s relaxed and easy-to-get-around.
St Giles Eastbourne
St Giles Eastbourne school is small and personalised. It offers full-time courses for students aged from 14 years and older in a beautiful building, a short walk from the town centre and just minutes from the beach. The school building is surrounded by gardens and has a relaxing outdoor garden area. It’s a safe and relaxing place for focused study with high levels of individual attention. All accommodation is within walking distance of the school.
where is it?
The school is a short walk from the city centre and close to the beach. Eastbourne is 1.5 hours by train from London and not far from Brighton.
where can i sleep?
Homestay: up to 45 minutes from the school by public transport
what can i study?
- General English
- Beginners English
- International Semester Courses
- IELTS Preparation
- General English plus English for Business
- English for University Studies
- Cambridge English Preparation
- English Plus Internship Programme
- INTO University Pathway Programme
- Teachers of English Courses (TEC)
- General English Juniors (Under–16s) Group
- International Semester Juniors (Under–16s)
good to know..
- General English: Courses (28 lessons per week, or 20 morning or 20 afternoon lessons)
- A lesson is 50 minutes
- Max class size: 12 students (8 for Beginner Courses)
- Average class size: 10 students
- School capacity: 300 Students
- Average Age: 21
- 18 classrooms
- Minimum Age: 14+
- Self-Access Study Centre
- Student computers and free Wi-Fi
- Student Café
- Interactive whiteboards or projectors in all classrooms
- Student bookshop
- Garden Terrace
- Salsa Night
- Cinema Night
- Laser Quest
- Trips to Brighton, London, Oxford…
The Language House likes
Eastbourne is perfect for younger students who are not so confident about travelling to far–off countries to study English. We have placed many 15, 16 and 17 year-old students (and much older) in St Giles Eastbourne. It’s a great option for students who are having difficulties in their school at home and need a change of air. Most students walk or bike to school.