Sydney is one of the great cities on our planet. Its energy is young, dynamic and multi-cultural. It has great weather and a real beach and surf culture. Sydney has a population of 5.3 million which means that no matter what your favourite sport, culture or entertainment, you will find it in Sydney. Be careful: The Sydney lifestyle is addictive! Many of our Sydney students go back a second and third time.
Sydney Opera House: The Ship Song written by Nick Cave
We, at The Language House, work with two top quality schools in different areas of this great city. You can study in the city centre or a three minute walk from the idyllic Manly surf beach. Whichever school you choose, Sydney will put a big smile on your face.
English Language Company
English Language Company (ELC) is an award-winning, spacious and modern school. It has excellent work and study programmes.
The school is accredited and quality-endorsed by numerous accreditation bodies and has been voted the best school in the southern hemisphere five times, being now the only STM Lifetime Super Star Award in Australia.
ELC was founded and is managed by a dynamic pair of former English teachers, David Scott and Lyn Scott who have also written and published English language learning books. The school is student–focussed with probably the best work and travel programme in Australia. It has a large database of casual jobs available for students and also offers support on where students can find jobs. ELC has a dedicated travel desk offering a fabulous choice of daily activities and weekend excursions.
where is it?
ELC is located in the heart of Sydney close to transport, cinemas, shops, restaurants, Darling Harbour and a few minutes by tram from the famous Sydney Opera House .
where can i sleep?
- ELC Premium apartments
- Student residences
what can i study?
- General English (full-time and part-time options available)
- English for Academic Purposes/IELTS
- Cambridge exam preparation (FCE, CAE & CPE)
- General + Business English
good to know..
- Max class size: 16 students
- Average class size: 13 students
- School size: medium-large 200 - 300 students
- Average Age: 23-25
- Minimum Age: 18
- 24 classrooms
- Lessons are 75 minutes
- Student computers and free Wi-Fi
- Kitchen and dining area
- Study centre and computer lounge
- Information and travel desk
- Registration for CAE or FCE exam upon request
- Internship placements through Australian Internships
- Au pair and demi pair placements through Smart Aupairs
- Volunteering experiences through Conservation Volunteering (and now transitioning to Ocean2Earth)
- Working Holiday free orientation,support and preparation for work by the school
Every week ELC students meet after school for new student welcome drinks. This is a great way to get to know your classmates and school teachers and staff.
ELC has a packed activities calendar for after classes, including popular options such as:
- Museums, exhibitions and galleries
- Beach barbecues
- Parties and bars
- Sightseeing trips
- Weekend excursions
ELC school has an Australia Travel Desk Check where you can plan and organise your trips.
The ELC student experience team can help you with your questions:
- Do you want to learn to surf?
- Love to try scuba-diving?
- Keep up your soccer skills.
- Take up yoga.
- Volunteer your time.
Tell the student experience team what you’re interested in and they will connect you to the clubs, places, classes and people to make it happen.
The Language House likes
ELC offers a great range of work possibilities during and after your studies.