The name says it all. Sunshine Coast.
Lots of sunshine, stunning beaches and a pristine natural environment. All of this is just an hour away from Brisbane’s international airport .
Lexis English Sunshine Coast is in the busy town of Maroochydore (population: 50,000), at the mouth of the Maroochy River. The school is minutes from the beach. The surf is great. The kite-boarding is wicked. Public transport is good, but most students either walk or ride to school.
It’s a great outdoor lifestyle with swimming, surfing, kite-boarding, kayaking and sailing right across the street from school. There are lots of bicycle paths and hiking trails. The area hosts international triathlon and surfing competitions.
Lexis English | Sunshine Coast
The college is in a new building with the latest learning facilities. Even the school has views of the ocean. It is a small to medium size school: friendly and intimate. You can study a choice of general and academic English programs for all levels, including the Cambridge exam (FCE and CAE) and English plus surf. The area is popular with tourists so there are lots of work opportunities.
where is it?
Maroochydore is 100 kilometres north of Brisbane. The school is in the central shopping area next to the huge Sunshine Plaza shopping centre, a short walk to the beach and close to cafes and shops.
where can i sleep?
- Homestay: single, share, half-board or bed and breakfast.
- Homestays for vegans and the gluten-free.
what can i study?
- General English (full-time and part-time)
- Cambridge exam preparation (FEC and CAE)
- IELTS exam preparation
- English for Academic Purposes
- English plus Surfing
- Private training
- High School Preparation
good to know..
- New multimedia computer suite with ocean views
- Free wi-fi
- Student support desk providing advice about accommodation, visa issues, healthcare, part-time jobs and much more
- Student lounge with large screen television, regular movie screenings and games console
- Fully-equipped student kitchen with café-style coffee machine, fridge and microwaves
- Wide, sunny balcony with outdoor furniture and extensive views of the river and ocean
- Choice of weekday afternoon seminars and activities, including sports and excursions
- Located next to Sunshine Plaza’s many shops, cafés, fast food outlets, bars and cinema
- Self-access reading, writing, listening and speaking practice resources for all levels
The Lexis Work Shop program will provide you with all the skills you need to maximise your part-time employment opportunities. Maroochydore is a busy commercial centre with many cafes and restaurants, always on the look-out for good part-time staff.
A great outdoor lifestyle with swimming, beach volleyball, river cruises, surfing, kite-boarding, kayaking and sailing right across the street from school, extensive cycle paths, hiking trails and international triathlon and surfing competitions. The school runs regular weekend excursions to nearby tourist destinations.
The Language House likes
We all like sunshine. All year round. The school is relatively small. It has a family friendly feel. It’s a great choice if you like to be outdoors and don’t want to be in a dense urban environment.