The London School of English has three schools across the UK. The Canterbury centre offers an intimate, quality environment for mature clients from all walks of professional life. The average age is 42. The minimum age is 30. The centre has a maximum of just 30 participants at any one time. You, the client, are guaranteed one of the UK’s best English immersion experiences. The centre director, the charming John Miles, and his team, offer a serious, professional environment for your English. They will go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and absorbing as much practical English as humanely possible. Yes, it’s quite intensive.
- City centre in Canterbury in Kent, east of London (about an hour by train)
- 2-minute walk from the high-street and cathedral
- Executive homestays: within 20 minutes of the school. Free taxi service is included in the price. Private bathroom. Professional families.
- Student residence: available during July and August
- Apartments and cottages: various locations across Canterbury city
- Hotels: a 5-minute walk from the school
- General English 30+
- Business and Professional English 30+
- Individual Tuition
- English for Specific Purposes
- Intercultural Competence Combination
- Global Leadership Combination
- Max class size: 6 students (General English 30+) or 4 students (all other courses)
- Average class size: 4 students
- School capacity: 30 students
- Average Age: 42
- Minimum Age: 30
- Hours per week: 22 hours (General English 30+) or 30 hours (all other courses)
- Number of Training Rooms: 13
- Facilities: computer room, high-speed wifi, fax and photocopying services, multimedia projectors and audio and video facilities in every classroom, tea and coffee facilities, lounge.
- 3 trainer-led networking lunches per week included in the course fees
- 2 social activities per week included in the course fees
The Language House likes
Our clients love the Canterbury experience. It’s a small professional centre, a touch old-fashioned, where you—the client—are the queen or king. Quality trainers and small groups ensure you will make excellent progress over a week or two. Client feedback is always excellent.