Galway is known as the City of the Tribes. It is a popular tourist destination, and was recently voted the world’s friendliest city. It’s the Irish charm! Galway sits on the Atlantic coast. You can smell the salt in the air and hear the cackle of the seagulls. It can also be wet and windy. Galway is a young city with a young vibe—20,000 of its 100,000 inhabitants are students.
The old city has cobbled streets, plenty of brightly–coloured shops and busy cafes. Like most of Ireland, there’s lots of music and nightlife in clubs, pubs and on street corners.
For sporty students, the city offers golf, fishing, horse–back–riding, windsurfing, sailing, hiking and falconry.
When you have had too much fun and not enough sleep, you can get on the ferry and head over to the Aran Islands . These three small islands, at the mouth of Galway Bay, are a trip back in time.
Galway Cultural Institute
Founded in 1989, Galway Cultural Institute is located in Salthill in large modern building. overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. It’s a 10-minute walk to the city centre.
Galway Cultural Institute is one of the best-known schools in Ireland and is a member of IALC (International Association of Language Centres) . The school also offers business and professional programmes as well as longer–term study programmes.
Students often work as volunteers at the many local festivals and get to meet people from the local community, have fun and practise their English.
- Galway is on the wild, west coast of Ireland.
- The Galway Cultural Institute is in Salthill and looks out to the Atlantic Ocean. It’s a 10-minute walk to the city centre.
- Friendly and hospitable
- Standard single room (year round) or shared room (summer only)
- En-suite options available
- All families are located within a 10 to 25 minutes bus ride from the school
- Bright, modern, fully equipped apartments or houses
- Single or shared room options (limited availability)
- En-suite options available
- All residences are located within 5 to 20 minutes’ walk from the school
- Free internet access
Available on request
- Bed & Breakfast / Guest House
- Hostel Accommodation
- 3/4*Hotel Accommodation
- General English 20, 26 , 30 lessons
- English for Business and Professionals 20, 30 lessons
- Combination Courses 26, 30 lessons
- One to One lessons
- Cambridge 20, 30 and 36 lessons
- IELTS 20, 30, 36 lessons
- University Foundation
- Pre Masters
Specialist Business Programmes 12 lessons
- Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Marketing and Social Media
- Certificate in Business and Entrepreneurship
Tailored Programmes 20, 30 lessons
- 50+ Programme
- Teacher Training Programme
- Short Stay Group Programme
- Over 30 nationalities year round including Irish students
- All lessons are 45 minutes long
- Class size 12 in low season and 14 in high season
- Minimum age is 17 during low season and 16 during high season
- Record of excellent results and student progression
- Cambridge and IELTS Examination Testing Centre
- 30 spacious classrooms
- National and international accreditations
- Technology enhanced classrooms
- Job information
The GCI Activity Programme includes participation in cultural, sporting and festival events, music and dance sessions, excursions and weekend trips to places of interest, activities within the school, school parties and social events with teachers and the GCI team.
The Language House likes
Galway is a lively university city, one-quarter of its 100,000 inhabitants are students so it knows how to have fun. Yes, the craic (fun) is good in Galway. The Atlantic Ocean is a one minute walk from the school. The surf is good, but you will need a wetsuit.