Dublin is the capital city of Ireland with a population of around 1.3 million people. That’s about a quarter of all people living in Ireland. Dublin has a young population that likes to work hard and party hard.
The city is close to the sea and the mountains—all within easy reach by public transport. The Irish are generally warm and super friendly and love to talk. Dublin is also a city of music. It’s the home of U2 , Sinead O’Connor , Thin Lizzy and The Script . Music is everywhere in the city. You can listen to traditional music in the pubs with a glass of Guinness in your hand. There is plenty of free music on street corners. You’ll be amazed by the number of people that stop to have a chat.
Emerald Cultural Institute
The Emerald Cultural Institute (ECI) is a well-established English language school, with a reputation for academic excellence and quality of service. Emerald has two school campuses just south of Dublin city centre. ECI is a Cambridge examination centre.
Palmerston Park school is set in landscaped gardens overlooking the beautiful Palmerston Park . It offers students the chance to study English in a peaceful, stress-free environment with the city centre only a six-minute tram journey away.
The school is within easy reach of Dublin city centre close to both homestay families and student accommodation.
The Milltown Park school is also located in peaceful and spacious landscaped grounds. Milltown Park is in the popular Ranelagh neighborhood of Dublin with many restaurants, cafés, boutique shops and traditional pubs.
The campus building has more than 30 classrooms. Milltown Park provides a relaxing atmosphere for students with its extensive gardens.
5–10 minutes from city centre by tram, south of Dublin city centre
- Homestay: Most homestays are about 25–40 mins by bus or tram. A limited number are walking distance
- Student residences: A 15–minute tram journey from both schools
- Intensive general English
- Combined courses—group and private lessons
- Cambridge exam preparation
- Long–term academic year courses
- IELTS exam preparation
- General English plus English for business
- University foundation programmes
- Executive English courses
- Teacher training courses
- Family programmes
- Max class size: 14 in Palmerston Park, 12 in Milltown Park
- Average class size: 10 students
- School capacity: 230 Palmerston Park, 300 Milltown Park
- Average Age: 25
- Minimum Age: 17 years
- General English courses: 20 or 26 hours per week
- Lessons are 60 minutes
- 22 classrooms in Palmerston Park, 30 classrooms in Milltown Park
- Self-Access Study Centre
- Student computers and free Wi-Fi
- Fully serviced restaurant in both schools
- Interactive Whiteboards or projectors in all classrooms
- Facilities for executives in Milltown Park
- Both schools located on spacious campuses
English plus internship programme
- Activities every afternoon and a few evenings, organised trips at weekends
- Visit to the Guinness Storehouse
- Walking tours
- Pub Night
- Museum and Gallery visits—National Gallery & Museum of Modern Art
- Dublin Castle visit
- Walks from Bray to Greystones
- Trips to Belfast, Powerscourt and Glendalough, Galway and the Aran Islands
The Language House likes
Emerald Cultural Institute is a quality school. Its offers a top-class language learning experience. The school facilities, teaching and clients services are considered to be among the best in Ireland. Highly recommended.