Toronto is Canada’s largest city. It is the nation’s business and cultural capital. Toronto has a population of five million—one sixth of total population. The climate is warm in summer but temperatures fall well below 0°C in winter. It’s quite a bit colder than Vancouver. Toronto is said to be the most multicultural city on the planet—over 140 languages are spoken. It's estimated that over half of Toronto's residents were born outside Canada. When the weather is fine, Toronto is a vibrant city buzzing with activity. Winter in Toronto can be challenging.
International Language Academy of Canada (ILAC)
The International Language Academy of Canada (ILAC) is the largest and most awarded language school in Canada. It’s a busy and dynamic school.
ILAC has been voted the #1 English language school in Canada many times. It offers Swiss and French students a 360-degree learning experience; quality English programs, tip-top student service and lots of social events and excursions. ILAC has five state-of-the-art campuses in Toronto with modern interior design and vibrant learning environments.
Every year ILAC welcomes thousands of students from over 75 countries.
There are English programs for all levels: General English, Cambridge FCE, CAE and CPE exams, Business English, TOEFL and IELTS Exam Preparation, University Pathway, Young Adult Programs, GAP Year and High School programs.
ILAC also provides college & university placement. ILAC is a pioneer in the University Pathway programs and is a leader in university and college placements in Canada.
ILAC Toronto has five modern campuses all within walking distance in the Yorkville and Discovery district area of Toronto.
- Homestay : Most homestays are about an average of 40 - 50 mins by public transportation.
- Student residences : Several to choose from. Close to school, about 20-30 minutes by public transport or walking distance.
- General English Program – 17 Levels: Beginner to Advanced
- Cambridge English exam preparation: FCE, CAE and CPE
- Business English
- TOEFL test preparation
- IELTS test preparation
- Young Adult programs
- Summer and winter teenager packages
- University pathways to 83 Canadian universities and colleges
- ILAC has a wide range of activities, excursions and social events
- Welcome dinner party for all students. Happy hour nights for adults
- Young adult social activities
- Students age 30+ wine & cheese
- Seasonal exciting parties (summer boat party, Halloween party, Spring blast party, etc.)
Toronto trips include:
- Toronto trips include:
- Ski weekends
- Maple syrup tours
- Algonquin Park trip
- Canada’s wonderland
- Niagara Falls
- New York
- Montreal & Quebec
- Average class size: around 14 students
- School capacity: 600-1500
- Average Age: 24
- Minimum Age: 15
- General English Program – 20, 30, and 38 lessons (morning or afternoon)
- Lessons are 45 minutes
- Beautiful state-of-the-art facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
Work-StudyStudy and work programs available all year long with ILAC International College, in the fields of customer service, sales and marketing and business administration (with or without coop visa).
The Language House likes
We once sent a student in a wheelchair to ILAC. There was a problem with access. The school immediately widened a doorway so the student could move about as freely as possible. That’s the ILAC and the Canadian way: If we can help, we will do our best immediately.