Relaxed beach life in California
Santa Barbara, California is often referred to as the American Riviera because of its year-round perfect weather, ocean views, arts and culture, high-end shopping and fine wine and food. Santa Barbara combines the cultural and recreational offerings of a major city with the warm, friendly, and relaxed atmosphere of a small town. Visitors enjoy fine food at top-rated restaurants and wine tasting during tours of the Santa Ynez Valley wineries. Go surfing and kayaking on the beautiful beaches. Santa Barbara is easy to travel around on foot or bike. Visit to Los Angeles, San Diego or San Francisco at the weekend.
Santa Barbara has a Mediterranean climate, stunning scenery, and palm-lined, white-sand beaches. The school is a ten-minute walk from the beach. Many students bike, skateboard or rollerblade to school. The neighborhood around the school, referred to as the arts and culture area of Santa Barbara, is full of outdoor cafes, restaurants, music clubs, historical attractions, and fabulous shopping. It’s charming, small and friendly.
- Close to the beach and ocean
- Located in a newly renovated, award-winning, building in the cultural and shopping district.
- Homestay: 30-60 minutes via public transport
- Residence (Santa Barbara Residence): 40 minutes via public transport
- Apartments (La Brezza Apartment): 20 minutes via public transport, 10 minutes by bus
- General English courses study 25 hours per week, 20 hours or 16 hours per week
- Test Preparation courses (Cambridge: CAE)
- English Plus (students can select from Surfing, Tennis, Yoga)
- Academic Programmes (Academic Semester and Year, University Pathways)
- Individual private courses
- 50+ Program
- Junior Programmes (Summer - individuals and groups, Winter - groups only)
- Family Programmes (Summer, Winter)
- Max class size: 12 students (September-June),14 students (July and August)
- Average class size: 9-10 students
- School capacity: 182 Students
- Average Age: 25
- Minimum Age: 16 (or by Director approval), 11 (Junior program)
- Lessons are 50 minutes
- 13 classrooms
- Academic tutoring rooms
- 9 student computers with free Wi-Fi
- Student lounge
- State-of-the-art Mac Computer lab
- Students cannot work in the USA
- Chaperoned activities 3 days/week after afternoon classes
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- Santa Barbara Mission
- Sports on Downtown Beach
- Kayaking in the Channel Islands
- Excursions to Camarillo Outlets, San Francisco, San Simeon (Hearst Castle), San Diego, Los Angeles and more.
The Language House likes
It’s small, village-like and walking distance to some great beaches. It has a quaint Spanish feel and is one of the best quality of life areas in the USA. If Los Angeles too big for your taste, Santa Barbara will be perfect.