City of angels and lots of stars
Everything that happens in the USA happens first in Los Angeles, California. In glamour, fashion, arts, and cuisine, Los Angeles is the future taking shape right now. And, of course, LA is the home of Hollywood, the entertainment capital of the world. Hollywood is where the most-watched television shows and films are made, and is home to many world famous celebrities.
In addition to the glamour of Hollywood, the city of Los Angeles is also rich with education and culture. The University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) and University of Southern California (USC) rank among the best anywhere. Los Angeles also has some of the best museums in the country including LACMA, the Getty Center, the Fowler Museum and the Hammer Museum.
English Language Center - ELC Los Angeles
The English Language School in Los Angeles is located in the most glamorous city in the United States in sunny Southern California., Los Angeles is also one of the top travel destinations in the U.S. If you study English at English Language Center (ELC) in Los Angeles, you will find a perfect combination of abundant natural beauty, endless entertainment, and world-class universities and museums. ELC Los Angeles is in Westwood, on the exclusive westside of Los Angeles. ELC is close to Beverly Hills and Hollywood, and just seven kilometers from the beaches of Santa Monica and Venice (no, not that Venice).
- Close to the Beach, Beverly Hills and Hollywood.
- Located on Wilshire Boulevard, on the city’s exclusive westside.
- Homestay: 30-60 minutes via public transport
- Apartments (LA apartments): 5 minutes on foot
- Dormitory (UCLA dormitory): 20 minutes on foot
- General English courses: Study 25 hours per week, 20 hours or 16 hours per week
- Test Preparation courses (TOEFL summer only)
- English Plus: Students can select from Photography, Filmmaking, Hollywood, Surfing, Yoga
- Academic Programmes (Academic Semester and Year, University Pathways)
- Individual private courses
- 50+ Program
- Junior Programmes (Summer - individuals and groups, Winter - groups only)
- Family Programmes (Summer, Winter)
- Max class size: 12 students (September-June), 14 students (July and August)
- Average class size: 9-10 students
- School capacity: 336 Students
- Average Age: 27
- Minimum Age: 16 (or by Director approval), 11 (Junior program)
- Lessons are 50 minutes
- 24 classrooms
- Academic tutoring rooms
- 10 student computers with free Wi-Fi
- Student lounge
- State-of-the-art Mac Computer lab
- Students cannot work in the USA.
- Chaperoned activities 3 days/week after afternoon classes
- Shopping on Rodeo Drive
- LA Dodgers Games
- Beverly Hills and Hollywood
- Movie premieres
- Volleyball at Venice Beach
- Beverly Hills and Hollywood
- Venice Boardwalk and Santa Monica Beach
- Excursions to Disneyland, LA city tour, Six Flags, Universal Studios, San Francisco, Grand Canyon and more
The Language House likes
LA is where dreams are made (and sometimes broken). If you don’t get chosen to be a star at least you’ll probably get see a few stars. Don’t miss trendy Venice Beach, the most interesting place to place on the planet to watch humans in the 21st century.