Honolulu is the capital of Hawaii, the 50th state of the USA. It is the largest city in Hawaii. The bustling city combines tropical glamour and the buzz of an international metropolis. It is a city where sandy beaches meet city streets. Honolulu is on the island of Oahu, one of the six main islands that make up Hawaii. It is known as “The Gathering Place”. The island is home to the majority of Hawaii’s diverse population, a fusion of East and West cultures rooted in the values and traditions of the Native Hawaiian people. A great place for some laid-back surfing.
Honolulu stretches across the south-eastern shores of the island, from Pearl Harbour to Makapuu Point, encompassing world-famous Waikiki Beach along the way.
Global Village English Centres - GV Hawaii
Global Village Hawaii is in the centre of the city, directly opposite the Ala Moana Shopping Center, the largest outdoor mall in America. It’s only a short walk to white sand beaches. GV Hawaii features a wide range of courses, exams (IELTS, Cambridge and TOEIC) and has nearby student residences and apartments, and at least 20 school activities per study term. The school is only one of a few that offer the Cambridge CPE (Proficiency) in Canada.
City centre. It’s close to the beach and a short walk to shops and the bus terminal.
- Homestay: Most homestays are about an average of 60 mins by bus
- Student residences: Close to school, about 10 minutes by public bus
- Private apartments: Close to school, about 10 minutes by public bus
- General English Program – 8 Levels: Beginner to Advanced
- Cambridge English exam preparation: FCE, CAE and CPE
- Business English
- TOEFL test preparation
- TOEIC test preparation
- English plus Surfing, Hula, Yoga, Fitness, and Ukulele
- Youth Programs - Cambridge Young Learners of English Program (YLE) and Cambridge Teen Learners of English Program (TLE)
- Family courses for parent(s) + teenagers and parent(s) + children
- University pathways
- IELTS exam preparation
- Max class size: 15 students
- Average class size: around 10 students
- School capacity: around 350 Students
- Average Age: 26
- Minimum Age: 16+
- General English Program – 25, 20, and 16 lessons (morning or afternoon)
- Lessons are 50 minutes
- 13 classrooms with views of the ocean and mountains
- Student computers and free Wi-Fi
- Student Café with student phone
- Student lockers
Volunteer activity programmes.
- Activities every weekend and most nights.
- Beach BBQs
- Surfing lessons
- Hula lessons
- Sunset Catamaran Sail
- Shark Cage Dive
- Ocean Kayaking
- Pub Night
- Weekend trips to neighbor islands (Kauai, Maui, or Hawaii Island)
The Language House likes
Hawaii is a brilliant destination. It’s tropical and rich in culture and activities. The school is ideal for students aged in their mid to late 20s. A great place to prepare for the highest-level Cambridge exam, the CPE (Proficiency).