Budleigh Salterton in East Devon is special. It is surrounded by quaint seaside towns and villages on the beautiful Jurassic Coast, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
It is only two hours from London by train and yet, it is a different world. Devon has beautiful coastlines, national parks and has featured in famous films and television series.
The coastline is iconic. There are small fishing villages, ports, harbours and clean beaches for swimming which still remain relatively quiet even at the height of the tourist season. Inland, the rivers, forests and 2000-year-old villages contain many surprises – including some of the best pubs and restaurants in the UK. If you want to burn-off the calories, the opportunities are almost endless: sailing, surfing, swimming, kiteboarding, horse-riding, golf, walking, cycling, tennis, football, rugby, cricket and diving are all easily accessible.
The regional capital, the historic university city of Exeter, is 20 minutes away.
Founded in 1988, Accent International provides specialist English for executives, professionals and corporate clients. The UK centre is an 18th century manor house, the former home of Lord Clinton , in 200 hectares of gardens and lakes and only five minutes from the sea and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Jurassic Coast .
Accent International is a "UK Centre of Excellence" and has a blue-chip client list of global companies. Accent provides training in the UK, in Switzerland and France, face-to-face online or through distance learning.
In the UK centre the average age of clients is 35 and maximum group size is four participants. It offers accelerated learning for clients who only have a short time to improve their communication skills. It is the ideal place to study; an experience trés anglais. The training rooms have views across the lake to the sea and the park is an ideal place to take a break between classes or to have outside tutorials.
- Devon is on the wild south-west coast
- Two hours from London
- The training centre is in massive park close to the beach.
- Executive Homestay: High quality with private bathroom. Maximum 15 minutes away.
- Four star hotels: A selection within a maximum 15-minutes radius of school.
- Self-catering: A selection of apartments and houses.
- Executive and professional English
- All levels from beginner to advanced
- Individual intensive courses from 20 to 50 hours per week
- Small Group courses (maximum 4 participants)
- Combination programmes
- Specialist professional English from A to Z (Aviation to Zoological Consultancy)
- Specialist English weeks for business and professional sectors
- Specific English 2-week programmes in English for medicine, science and technology
- English for families
- Executive language plus leisure programmes
- Teacher training (Cert. IBET)
- Online, distance learning and In-company training
- Max class size: 4 students
- Average class size: 3 students
- School capacity: 25 Students
- Average Age: 35
- Minimum Age: 21
- 20 – 50 hours per week
- Lessons are 60 minutes
- 9 training rooms
- Self-access study centre
- Student computers and free Wi-Fi
- Free refreshments
- Executives and professionals only
- UK Centre of Excellence
- No. 1 in the whole of the UK for the Teaching and Learning of English language. (EL Gazette League tables)
- Lunch every day with trainers in selection of pubs and restaurants (free)
- Midweek social evening with trainers e.g. coastal trip, theatre, sports, music (free).
- Saturday full day excursion e.g. national parks, castles, cities, (free)
- Opportunities to follow many activities through membership of clubs and centres.
The Language House likes
Accent International offers innovative, personalised and focused training. It has an international reputation as a leader in language training for business and professional people. At Accent, they are passionate about their work. The centre was recently judged by UK education bodies as the industry leader in training, facilities and services.