Rennert New York Language School is in Midtown Manhattan , about five minutes from Grand Central Station and 15 minutes from Times Square . It’s a big school with about 500 students in summer. It offers a great range of English programmes. There are the more classic lessons including Cambridge exams (FCE and CAE) as well as some interesting plus courses. Try English plus Dance, Fashion, Photography or Music Video Production, among others.
Rennert New York Language School also has a dedicated executive centre with small group and private courses for more mature clients (minimum age is 26).
Students are surrounded by extraordinary dining and entertainment options. The speedy NYC subway system (a short walk away) will take you to all corners of the city.
- Midtown Manhattan, minutes from Grand Central and Times Square
- Easy access to the subway
- Homestay: In Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens. All locations are about 40 to 60 minutes away from the school via subway
- Student residences: Rooms with shared bathrooms from 5 to 20 minutes travel time from the school
- Apartments: Shared, from 5 to 25 minutes away
- American General English
- Business English
- English for Academic Purposes
- TOEFL Preparation
- TOEIC Preparation
- IELTS Preparation
- Cambridge Preparation (CAE, FCE)
- Work Experience Internship Programs
- Gap Year/University Placement
- English + Dance
- English + Fashion
- English + Music
- English + Coding
- English + Photography
- English + Acting
- English + Filmmaking
- English + 3D Animation
- English + Music Video Production
- Professional Executive English
- Family Programs
- TESOL Programs
- Private lessons
- Max class size: 12 students (5 for Professional courses)
- Average class size: 10 students
- School capacity: 500 Students
- Average Age: 28
- Minimum Age: 16+ for GE, 26+ for PEP
- Student Lounge
- Executive Lounge for Professional Students
Rennert offers two work placement programs, one for students traveling with a Student Visa and one for students traveling without. Both programs can be started any Monday.
Daily activities, most of which are free or come at a reduced price. Here’s an idea:
- Broadway show
- Baseball or basketball game
- Harlem Gospel Choir
- Lectures and workshops
- Jazz night
- Walking tours
- Weekend tours to nearby cities including Boston, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Niagara Falls.
The Language House likes
It doesn’t get much better than studying English in New York. There’s always so much to do and see. It’s non–stop. The problem is finding time to sleep. If you are a big city person and like crowds, then this is the place for you. It’s definitely not the cheapest city in the USA.