Nelson English Centre is a friendly and relaxed English school in the sunny city of Nelson on the South Island. Nelson offers the perfect balance of a lively seaside town and access to magnificent nature. The school moved into new, state-of-the-art premises in 2017. It was established 20 years ago and is a member of the respected International Association of Language Centres (IALC). The school is locally owned.
- The Nelson region offers beaches, mountains, and lots of interesting Kiwis to meet. Nelson is at the top of the South Island of New Zealand and surrounded by three national parks. Students can easily explore the national parks, wild coastal bays and beaches and even go whale watching.
- Nelson is an excellent base to explore the South Island. Many students travel the popular South island loop from Nelson to Queenstown to Christchurch and back to Nelson.
- Homestay: Most homestays are about 10 - 40 mins walk/bike from school
- Alternative Accommodation: Backpackers, Hamden House and Student flats
- General English Levels from beginner to advanced.
- Cambridge English exam preparation FCE and CAE
- Counselling and preparation for other international English examinations such as IELTS and TOEIC.
- Max class size: 14 students for General English (12 students for FCE and CAE)
- Average class size: 9-11 students
- School capacity: approx. 130 Students
- Average Age: 23
- General English Courses: 23 or 15 hours per week (full-time or part-time)
- Lessons throughout the day vary in length
- 12 classrooms
- Academic support and guidance
- Student computers and free Wi-Fi
- Student kitchen
- Student common room
- Visa advice
Work in Nelson
Nelson English Centre is an NZQA Category 1 school. If you study for 14 or more weeks you can work for up to 20 hours a week. There are quite a few jobs available in the Nelson region.
- Regular weekend/evening activities.
- Free fishing
- Pub night
- Free yoga
- Free ukulele lessons
- International Food Day
- Sports, such as frisbee, football and rugby
The Language House likes
The Nelson English Centre has a very friendly and dynamic team. Nelson is a small, relaxed city in the sun. Beach, islands, mountains, kite surfing and mountain biking, and of course a superb school. What are you waiting for?