Active Centre of English Training (ACET) is a family-run school with more than 40 years’ experience. The school is in a charming historic building in the Cork city centre with a Georgian chic interior and modern facilities.
It’s a super-friendly school owned and managed by women; the lovely Odile, originally from France and her daughter Joëlle. They love to make you feel welcome and special. The school offers a wide range of exams including Cambridge exam, IELTS, TOEFL and TOEIC. The school is only a short walk from a fitness centre and swimming pool.
The school is a member of the International Association of Language Centres . It is a Cambridge exam centre.
The school is a three-minute walk from the heart of Cork.
- Homestay families about 40 minutes travel time from the school
- Student residences Single and twin rooms
- Student residences are about 20-30 minutes walking distance to the school
- General English part-time: 20 hours per week
- General English intensive: 26 hours per week
- Cambridge exam preparation FCE and CAE
- Business and professional English
- Exam afternoon options include TOEIC, IELTS and TOEFL.
- Private training
- General English: 20 hours per week
- Max class size: 12 students
- Average class size: 8-10 students
- School size: medium 100-150 students
- 24 classrooms
- Kitchen and dining area
- Study centre
- Information and travel desk
- Interactive white boards
- Garden and smoking area
Regular and updated Job information in the school student lounge.
- Full programme of activities allowing clients to meet people from all over the world.
- Some activities are free others are charged at cost
- Excursions to scenic places in West Cork and Kerry
- Discover Cork—walking visit of the city
- Learn Irish dancing
- Pub evenings
- Karaoke nights
- Theatre nights
- Greyhound racing
- Whale watching trips from Cork Harbour
- Cine-club / Debating / Coffee Mornings / Book Club / Charity fundraisers / Paint-balling
The Language House likes
Every school has its own character and culture. ACET in Cork is a school with a feminine touch; welcoming, nurturing and student-focused.