GV Calgary offers a wide choice of English courses, including exam preparation and teacher training. It’s a serious school where you can study and play hard. The Calgary school is part of the Global Village group with quality schools in Vancouver, Toronto and Victoria. You can study in two different schools and experience the different faces of Canada.
Calgary is 970 km east of Vancouver. Global Village College Calgary is in a beautiful location in downtown Calgary. It is surrounded by modern architecture and fabulous public art.
With friendly, Canadian families. Most homestays are about 40 - 50 mins by public transit (bus and train) from the school.
- Other accommodation:
Hostel and furnished apartments are within a 20-minute walk or less from the school campus.
- General English: (Full-time: 20 lessons per week; Intensive: 25 lessons per week; Super-Intensive – 30 lessons per week)
Lessons are 50 minutes. All skills are covered with an emphasis on communicative skills.
- IELTS Exam Preparation (GV Calgary is an official IELTS Test Centre)
- Cambridge English exam preparation: FCE and TKT (GV Calgary is an official Cambridge ESOL Test Centre)
- Business English – focuses on the language and themes of business, careers and the professional workplace.
- 30+ Programme: classes in an environment suited to older students
- English for Academic Purposes (GV pathways to colleges and universities in Canada and the US)
- Teen Activity Program: Summer classes and activities for ages 12-17
- Specialty Programs - Cambridge TKT (TESOL), Farmstay, Volunteer Programs, Specialty Elective Classes.
- Max class size: 16 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Minimum Age: 18+ for adult programs
- Lessons are 50 minutes
- 23 classrooms: all have wi-fi internet access
- Student lounge, 2 web-enabled classrooms (31 computer stations), Smartboard classroom, cable TV, musical instruments and sound system, free internet and wi-fi access.
- Diverse student population; over 30 different countries represented each session
- Fully accredited by provincial, national and international regulatory bodies.
- Activities scheduled every weekday afternoon/evening and on most weekends
- Professional hockey, football, lacrosse
- Theatre, concerts, museums, skiing, skating
- The annual Calgary Stampede in July
- Weekend trips to the Rocky Mountains (Banff, Lake Louise, Waterton) and to British Columbia.
The Language House likes
Calgary is a young city, friendly and close to the incredible Rocky Mountains. But the cherry on the Calgary cake is the Calgary Stampede, the biggest party in Canada. Not be missed if you a real cowboy or cowgirl. Yee- ha!