English Language Company (ELC) is an award-winning, spacious and modern school. It has excellent work and study programmes.
ELC is located in the heart of Sydney close to transport, cinemas, shops, the harbour and the Sydney Opera House .
The school is accredited and quality-endorsed by the Australian Government, is a member of the respected International Association of Language Centres and has been voted the best school in the southern hemisphere five times.
ELC is owned by a dynamic pair of former English teachers, David Scott and Lyn Scott who have also written and published English language learning books. The school is student–focussed with probably the best work and travel programme in Australia. It has a large database of casual jobs available for student and also offers short preparation courses for work in bars, cafes and restaurants. ELC has a travel desk and a fabulous choice of daily activities and weekend excursions.
- City centre
- Close to shops, bars, restaurants and transport
- School apartments shared 10 minutes walk from school
- Four student houses
- General English with afternoon options
- Academic English/IELTS
- Cambridge exam preparation (FCE, CAE and CPE)
- General + Business English
- Gap Year programmes (36 and 48 weeks)
- General English: 25, 20 or 15 hours per week
- Max class size: 15 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- School size: medium-large 200 - 300 students
- 24 classrooms
- Computers and wifi
- Kitchen and dining area
- Study centre and computer lounge
- Information and travel desk
- Work and travel
- Professional Internships
- Conservation Volunteering
Every week ELC students meet after school for new student welcome drinks. This is a great way to get to know your classmates and school teachers and staff. The school also runs a free presentation on Australia’s best destinations.
Every week and weekend ELC organises activities:
- Museums, exhibitions and galleries
- Beach barbecues
- Parties and bars
- Sightseeing trips
- Weekend excursions
- Soccer, beach volleyball, surfing
ELC school has an Australia Travel Desk Check where you can plan and organise your trips.
The ELC student experience team can help you with your questions:
- Do you want to learn to surf?
- Love to try scuba-diving?
- Keep up your soccer skills.
- Take up yoga.
- Volunteer your time.
Tell the student experience team what you’re interested in and they will connect you to the clubs, places, classes and people to make it happen.
The Language House likes
ELC offers a great range of work possibilities during and after your studies.