Milner International College of English is one of the oldest family-owned language colleges in Australia. Warren and Rose Milner founded the school in 1984 and it is still family-owned and operated. The Language House has worked with Milner for more than 15 years. Our student love the school and the Perth lifestyle. Many of our female students work as demi-pairs, which helps to reduce the overall cost.
The five-storey building in the city centre is owned by the school and includes a rooftop jungle garden café. Chief gardener is the school owner Warren Milner.
Milner’s students come from 40 countries - 40% are European, 40% Asian, 15% South American and 5% Middle Eastern. No nationality exceeds 20%.
Milner classes are 23 face-to-face hours a week, more than most other schools. There are also 10 hours of optional free courses a week including free pronunciation classes twice a week. The school runs probably the most extensive schedule of Cambridge exams from the PET through to the Proficiency. It is also a teacher training centre, which is always a good indicator of a quality and skilled teaching staff.
But probably the best news is that Milner offers students FREE gym (fitness centre) membership to all of its students. You can exercise your ‘English brain’ and your muscles at Milner. Students also receive discount cards to use on Perth's trains and buses.
Perth is in the far west of Australia and is sometimes said to the most isolated city in the world. Milner International College of English is in Hay Street, Perth, in the city centre, close to shops and transport.
- Homestay: about 30 minutes travel time from the school
- Student residences: single/twin rooms, student houses and a residence at the school
- General English.
- IELTS Preparation courses.
- Cambridge Exams. PET, FCE, CAE and CPE exam preparation courses run all through the year.
- Average class size: 13
- Maximum class size: 18
- School size: 250 – 350 students
- More than 40 nationalities
- No nationality exceeds 20%
- Free wifi
- Roof garden
- Computer room
- Free Gym Membership
- Free optional pronunciation classes
- Job information and advice
- Demi-pair work
- A job guide is given to each student and access to an employment counsellor
- The school helps students volunteer jobs
- FREE gym membership for all students.
- Surfing lessons, river cruise parties, bbq’s, beer tasting, tennis, golf, rock-climbing and tours.
The Language House likes
- Free membership to a fitness centre for all students. Very nice!
- In the summer, Milner offers surfing lessons on a hot Friday after morning class, followed by a beach barbecue.