Inforum Education Australia was established in July 2007 by directors and owners, Simon and Jun Craft. It is a boutique college with excellent facilities and a wide choice of accommodation, located in Southport, the heart of the Gold Coast.
Inforum’s magnificent school building has:
- Student lounges and café including barista machine, microwaves, fridges and beach café style surroundings;
- An outside BBQ area for the exclusive use of our students to enjoy the Gold Coast’s fantastic weather;
- High speed Wi-Fi delivered through four hotspots throughout the building;
Inforum is in Southport, a 2—5 minute walk to all shops, banks, bus and tram stops, local cafés and library. The school is a 10 minute bus ride from Southport Main Beach.
- Four student residence apartments with free Wi-Fi. Walking distance to school.
- More than 100 homestay families. Average travel time 30 minutes. Free phonecard for students to ring home when they arrive in their homestay.
- General English with afternoon options
- Advanced Master Class (CAE)
- IELTS Exam Preparation
- Cambridge FCE.
- Regular workshops
- Barista Training
- Animal Welfare Training
- Surf, leisure and art courses
Students study a minimum of 20 hours per week in our General English program and 22 hours per week in our exam preparation courses. Students can also take 3—6 hours of free Workshops every week including Work Ready (Applying for a Tax File Number, making resumes), Job Skills (Interview practice, greeting customers), Exam Practice, Pronunciation and many more.
All lessons are face-to-face.
- General English: 20 hours per week + up to 6 hours of free Workshops.
- Exam course: 22 hours per week
- Max class size: 16 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- School size: medium 150—200 students
- Number of classrooms: 14
- Free high speed Wi-Fi throughout the college + computers.
- Outside deck and BBQ area
- Beach café style student lounge and café
- Barista training courses
- Job skill workshops
- Working in a bar certificate (Responsible Service of Alcohol)
- Dog and cat welfare training courses
Inforum Education has regular weekly and weekend activities for students. You should definitely have a go at surfing the Gold Coast waves. Here are a few more ideas:
- Visit fabulous Fraser Island and drive along the beaches and see wild dingos
- Visit Sea World Theme Park and watch seas lions and dolphins
- Visit other parks such as Movie World , Dreamworld and Wet’n’Wild
- Play beach volleyball
- Learn to surf
- Go for a bush walk and find kangaroos and koalas
- Join the rainforest and glow worm night walk
- Visit a beer factory
- Visit Stradbroke Island
- Get up close to Australian animals at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Play basketball or soccer
- Visit surf capital Byron Bay
- Feed the pelicans
The Language House likes
Inforum has a monthly Guest Speaker program where students meet people from the Gold Coast community. Speakers include: lifesavers, scuba diving instructors, Olympians, gymnasts, police officers and many more.